Sunday, 9 February 2014

Influenster Mystery Vox Box

Influenster Mystery VoxBox

To my surprise after filling out an Influenster survey and being turned down, I received the latest VoxBox in the mail! This box is especially unique as it is featuring a mystery brand! The only things us Influensters know are: it is a L'Oreal brand and this is a new line of hair care products. L'Oreal owns a lot of different brands from Garnier to Kerastase so it's not that easy to figure out which brand it is. Once we have tried out this box for a week we will receive another box but with the mystery brand revealed.

In the first box, I received a shampoo, conditioner and split-end serum. I'm not a huge fan of the scent of these products when I smell them straight from the bottle. I've given them a try a couple times now so here are my initial thoughts!

L'Oreal Mystery VoxBox Influenster

Shampoo - Relatively easy to lather up (if you haven't washed your hair for a couple days though I recommend using a shampoo you know lathers well) and to rinse out. Leaves my hair feeling like I used a light conditioner - I never find that with any shampoo!

Conditioner - In between the consistency of a regular conditioner and a mask, it easily coats your strands and doesn't need to be left on long to feel results. I usually keep it on for 2-3 minutes. Rinses well and even if you "over rinse" this, it still leaves your hair feeling nourished.

Split-end serum - Quickly absorbs into strands and doesn't seem to weigh down my hair. Don't know about it's split-end treatment claims but definitely nourishes the hair.

Overall, I am overly impressed with this line of products. Despite not liking the scent of the products, my hair didn't end up smelling like it at all. My hair looks healthy and shiny after using this trio (without using any other products than heat protectant).

My guess at what brand these products are coming from is Garnier - they have just started advertising a Damage Eraser line which features all three of these products. Stay tuned to see an upcoming post of what I received in the second VoxBox and what the mystery brand is!

til next time...

Disclaimer: I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. All opinions are 100% honest and my own.

2 comments:

  1. I got turned down and got the box too! I still need to write my review on it. Garnier is a part of L'Oreal? I didn't know that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there must have been a glitch in their system. L'Oreal owns A LOT!
      I think there was another glitch with Influenster - I got a survey that said it was only for US people (didn't find out until the end). still filled it out (might as well try!)

      Delete