Thursday, 20 February 2014

Thoughts Thursday || February 2014 Empties Part One

I'm currently in a Spending Ban to save up some money for an upcoming trip and just to give my bank account a break. With this ban, I'm trying to use up a lot of products in my collection and also clean out my collection. This is only the first part of my empties for February so stayed tuned for at least one more empties post in the coming weeks.

See what I've finished/thrown out and my final thoughts below! Let me know your thoughts on any of these products in the comments.

em by michelle phan lash gallery waterproof mascara

em by Michelle Phan Lash Gallery Waterproof Mascara - One of my favourite mascaras I've ever tried. Keeps my lashes curled, doesn't flake or smudge and has great dark black pigmentation. Unfortunately this mascara doesn't ship to Canada though. Verdict: will repurchase (if I can get my hands on it)

neutrogena healthy skin foundation

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation - Probably my favourite foundation which I always stock up on when I'm in the States. Great light-medium coverage that can definitely be built up. Doesn't dry out my skin and gives a dewy/glowy look to the skin. Lasts relatively well during the day. Verdict: will repurchase

maybelline instant age rewind
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles Concealer - Another fave from the drugstore! A concealer that works relatively well (just not on those days where my dark circles are really bad). It can crease on me a little bit right around the lash line but not too bad. Verdict: will repurchase

nyc big bold curl mascara
NYC Big Bold Curl Mascara - I have a whole blog post dedicated to the new NYC products I received. I did not like this mascara - brush was way too big, smudged, flaked, but did hold my curl relatively well for not being a waterproof formulation. Verdict: will not repurchase

anastasia clear brow gel
Anastasia Clear Brow Gel - A staple for my brows, which are the feature I care about the most. I know you can use clear mascara but really I love the results that this gives and don't mind spending the extra money on my brows. Verdict: will repurchase

maybelline the rocket mascara
Maybelline The Rocket Volum Express Mascara - A beauty blogger favourite and for good reason! Great volume, length and pigmentation. Keeps my lashes curled relatively well. Currently using the waterproof formula which I love even more. Verdict: will repurchase (the waterproof version though)

milani infinite eye liner
Milani Infinite Liquid Eye Liner - This liner does not lie about the 24 hour wear. I swatched this once and literally had to use Lysol wipes, eye makeup remover and more to get it off. I don't recommend using this every day but just for those days when you really need your liner to last. Formula can be a bit goopy and I'm not a huge fan of the brush. Verdict: will not repurchase (don't even know if it's still available)

sephora brow pencil
Sephora Retractable Waterproof Brow Pencil - A great brow pencil that is cheaper than the Anastasia one. I still like my Maybelline Define-a-Brow one more but this definitely works. Lasts all day and comes in an alright shade range. Not a fan of the comb/brush on here - a spoolie would be better. Verdict: will not repurchase

benefit they're real mascara
Benefit They're Real Mascara - Another cult level mascara, but I just can't jump on the bandwagon. I get better results from The Rocket for a fraction of the price. This does give great volume and length without smudging or flaking though. Verdict: will not repurchase

covergirl water resistant clump crusher mascara
CoverGirl Water Resistant Clump Crusher - I really like the regular Clump Crusher and thought I'd give the "waterproof" version a try because these hold my curl better. I used the quotations for a reason. This is not water resistant at all! I braved the elements one day with my scarf wrapped around my mouth and nose - the moisture from my breath caused this to run all down my face. Stick with the regular formula which doesn't smudge or flake on me. Verdict: will not repurchase

til next time...

5 comments:

  1. How did you... use up five tubes of mascara in one month...??? o_o

    amy | michi★mochi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used up the Covergirl one and the Maybelline one. The others just needed to be tossed. I cleaned out my makeup collection and threw out older stuff. Don't worry I'm not some mascara mutant haha

      Delete
  2. Actually, Em now ships internationally!
    I LOVE the Rocket! (Waterproof version of course, since my eyes smudge everything)
    WAIT, why didn't you just use an oil based remover to take off the Milani liner? Sounds like you went overboard crazy to get that off, ahah ._.

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. em does ship internationally but not that mascara.... :(

      That liner does not budge - and that was a swatch on my hand. Nothing was working for awhile, so I needed the crazy combo to remove it. I actually thought I was going to be stuck with a swatch on my hand forever.

      Delete
    2. Well then...HAHAHASUX4U (jk)
      Jeebus D:
      More permanent than a permanent marker, eh?

      Delete