Friday, 1 August 2014

Abstract Graffiti Nail Art + Tutorial


A couple of days ago I went to see Wiz Khalifa in concert and wanted my nail game to be on point. Decided to try out an abstract graffiti inspired look and thought this would be a great opportunity to do my first tutorial as well! Please let me know if you'd like to see more tutorials on my nail looks!

I love how these nails turned out and have received a ton of compliments on them. They are super easy to do, just keep reading!

graffiti nail art design

graffiti nail art tutorial

Step by Step Instructions:

1. Start with a white base for your design. Doesn't need to be perfect as you will be covering it up.
2. Take your first polish and wipe as much polish off the brush as possible. You can also use a paper towel to do this.
3. Take the almost dry brush and paint strokes all over the nail.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with your second colour.
5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with your third colour, etc.
6. Go back to your first colour and dry brush again. This adds to the layered effect.
7. Finish repeating all of your colours.
8. Take a black polish and dry brush over the colours. I like to put a topcoat over top of the design, but when the design is almost dry. This will blend things together very nicely.
9. You're done! I do all my nails with one colour then move onto the next colour to make this quick and easy.

graffiti nail art design

Polishes Used: Sinful Colors Snow Me White; Kinetics Nail Colours Crazy Daizy; Essie Turquoise and Caicos; Revlon Charming; Sally Hansen Black Out; OPI Umpires Come Out At Night.

til next time...

2 comments :

  1. Wow, this looks super cool! And seemingly quite easy to achieve. Will have to give this a go! Have a great weekend! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! It is super easy to do. If you do end up trying it out, tweet out the finished product and tag me :)

      Delete