Friday, 8 August 2014

Favourite Five and a Fail || July 2014


This favourites post is a tad bit late but I've been loving these products so much that I needed to share them with you!

I did a fair amount of shopping in July and started trying out new products that I instantly fell in love with. Unfortunately I've now placed myself on a Spending Ban til the end of September (ahh! 2 months of no frivolous spending?!?!)

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette - I went to Sephora to have my makeup done for my birthday party and the makeup artist used this very hyped product. It is a palette of 3 of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders - 2 permanent "shades" (Dim and Radiant) and 1 exclusive shade (Incandescent). I actually use all 3 each day. Dim goes over all of my contours or areas of my face that I want to recede, Radiant goes over my blush and Incandescent is used as a highlighter. It makes my skin look absolutely flawless, both in person and in pictures. At $67 it is a pricey product but you get a lot of product with it and it can be used in many different ways.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette Swatch

Sephora Bronzer Los Cabos

Sephora Bronzer in Los Cabos - Another product I discovered through my makeup application at Sephora. This bronzer is PERFECT for fair skin - matte, not orange, not too dark. I either apply this generally all over the face or with a smaller brush as a contour. Blends seamlessly into the skin. I've actually gotten rid of all my other bronzers because of this one!

Bobbi Brown Blush Coral Sugar

Bobbi Brown Blush in Coral Sugar - I won this through a giveaway on the lovely Vanessa's blog - Citron and Guavaberry (go check it out for gorgeous photography and great reviews). It is a gorgeous pink-coral shade that makes me look like I've had a bit of sun and doesn't make my pale skin look irritated. Great quality, blends very easily, super pigmented, lasts all day. If you are looking for a new high end blush, definitely check out Bobbi Brown (but not at Sephora, their shade selection sucks!).

Coral Sugar Swatch Los Cabos Swatch

Maybelline Pumped Up Review

Maybelline Pumped Up! Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara - Phew! What a mouth full! A lot of words in that name for a mascara with a lot of pros in my book. Maybelline released this mascara a little while ago but I waited until I could find it on sale - which I did, $4.99! I always wear waterproof mascara as that's all my lashes like. This is probably one of the drier formulas of the Maybelline mascara family - great for holding curl. I love the curved brush and can use the narrow end to get every single last lash. I don't find that it clumps on me, it doesn't flake during the day, gives my lashes some length and decent volume. Two good coats is the best for my desired look. I was even able to solely use this mascara with a smokey eye, instead of adding falsies to make sure my lashes were visible.

Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Corrector Review

Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Corrector - This product has become a staple in my skincare routine and honestly I can see and feel a difference in my skin when I use this on the regular. It contains Vitamin C - a great antioxidant and key ingredient in ridding your skin of dark spots. I apply both morning and night. I don't necessarily need to get rid of dark spots, but the texture of my skin improves while using this. Super hydrating as well, so much so I don't necessarily need to use a moisturizer afterwards (I still do though!).

Pur Minerals Big Look Mascara Review

Fail - Pür Minerals Big Look Waterproof Mascara - I received this in a previous beauty subscription and was very happy that is was waterproof. It has a very straight rubber wand with tiny, nub-like bristles. This mascara doesn't do a whole lot for my lashes, may be a bit too wet of a formula. My big problem is that it smudges on me! Uh hello!! Waterproof mascaras shouldn't do that! Perhaps the argan oil is to blame for this? We will never know.....

Make sure to leave links to your monthly favourite posts or let me know what some of your favourite products in July were.

til next time...

2 comments :

  1. Great roundup! I'm almost finished an Hourglass Dim Light (use it as a light bronzer in winter and as a setting powder in summer) and am seriously considering buying the palette when I'm done! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buy the palette! It is soooo worth the money! I find if I solely use Dim Light as a setting powder my face looks very one dimensional, but using all 3 in the palette really enhances my skin.

      Delete